Wednesday, June 29, 2011

happy surprise

 Today is my friend Lauren's birthday. Lauren and I have a special friendship. I saved Lauren from being the only girl at Shepherd-Hoffman Pizza Hut outings. She became my first friend from Taylor. We both connected through our husbands who already were friends, but luckily, we like each other as if we found one another on our own terms. We have the best conversations over coffee about anything and everything (you know, like high school, work, college, our husbands, our hopes). But most importantly, we share a deep desire to be transformed more into God's image and have seen how He moves in each of our lives. I can't imagine life without her (especially after this past year). She is such a giver and cares way too much for people. It's pretty inspiring. This girl deserves a lot so together her husband Mark, Logan and I (well, really, my mother-in-law helped a lot, too - thanks, Karen!) threw her a surprise birthday party on Sunday involving lots of dessert, a couple rounds of playing celebrity, assembling wedding programs (she's gaining a sister-in-law next weekend), boys entertaining the girls by merely being boys (Kan Jam and fishing), and So You Think You Can Dance episodes. Summer birthdays are the best.

But seriously, Lauren, you are loved. Can't believe you've only been in my life for three years. Happy birthday!

2 comments:

  1. shoot. i'm tearing up. just like i did when i read your father's day post. best birthday ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a sweet post, Emilie! I think it's so grand that you can now say that you're married. ♥

    That cake looks super delicious and it sounds like such a grand party. You're right though, Summer birthdays are the best-I wish I had one!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete