Saturday, July 9, 2011

food & coupons

 
Seriously, I love food. I tend to look at a lot of food blogs (current favorites: Kitchn & Smitten Kitchen). I was very specific about our wedding food using all family or friend recipes (chili made with beef from our farm, salad, lots of bread, and pies). I also maybe, really like taking photos of food. I'm pretty sure that's the reason I wanted a 50 mm lens... so I could take close-ups of food. Why in the world would I ever print photos of food? I'm not sure, but I still take photos of everything I bake, cook, or eat. 

When you stop living in dorms and eating cafeteria food, you actually drive to a store, decide the food you want to eat, and buy it. Crazy. Since we have a hmm-fairly tight budget, Logan and I turned into coupon people. Maybe not Logan, but definitely me. I grew up with coupons. I still remember my mom's little sorter folder in her purse, and always admired the time she took to save. Seriously, those coupons probably made it easier to pay for my piano and ballet lessons. I love coupons. Nothing feels better than looking at a receipt and seeing how much you saved. Not so you can buy more, but so you can buy well. Even if we make a generous amount of money someday, I hope Logan and I still use coupons. (Just in case you don't use coupons, I don't think you're a bad person. Really, I don't.)

I'm sorry I'm using so many parenthesis in this post. I had coffee this morning without any food, and that always makes me scattered.

To finish up, I wanted to share some good food posts and links:

One-ingredient ice cream (genius, seriously, for those gluten-free, lactose intolerant, allergic folks)

Southwestern pizza with Black Beans & Corn

Lemony Pesto Pasta with Edamame & Almonds

Clone of a Cinnabon Recipe

Grilled Pepperjack cheese, Sourdough bread, Avocado, Bacon, & Apple Slices

Food is good. Happy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment