Wednesday, August 3, 2011

mark nine

Recently, my friend Lindsay told me to read this:

And he said, "From childhood. And it has often cast him into fire and into water to destroy him. But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us." And Jesus said to him, "If you can! All things are possible for one who believes." Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!"

And when he entered the house, his disciples asked him privately, "Why could we not cast it out?" And he said to them, "This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer."

(Mark 9:22-24, 28-29)

After this past Saturday, I'm so thankful for God's protection and healing. In those moments where I worry, I desperately need God's Spirit to help me believe. How good He is for dwelling in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment