Tuesday, October 25, 2011

weekend catchup


Oh hey, how was your weekend? It was a pleasant couple days celebrating an exciting time for a close friend, community cookout, sushi, good fall runs. Logan left yesterday afternoon for New Zealand. We drove to JFK, said goodbye until Halloween, and that's it. He's still on the plane but they should arrive around 7 or 8 this evening (which is Tuesday morning around 9 in Auckland).

Rather than heading home to a lonely house, I stayed in the city to catch up with Courtney, an old nursing friend who works in Washington Heights for New York Presbyterian Hospital. We headed downtown to Shake Shack in Madison Square Garden. For the first time, New York City was pretty magical to me. During the day, it is all business, busy and full of people. But last night, it was more calm, all lit up, plus those cheeseburgers and apple pie ice cream were unbelievable. It felt different.

I survived driving through New York City. I feel good about that.

Well, happy Monday. I planned a pretty full week since Logan is gone. My brother, sister-in-law, nephew and niece are coming on Wednesday. I'm so excited.

(photo via  wallyg)

3 comments:

  1. this makes me so happy. magical. see why we love it so?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you, girl. do you want to skype? let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG we LOOOOOVE Shake Shack!! We go there every time we're in NYC.

    ReplyDelete