Wednesday, August 24, 2011

pokagon




























Hello, I love camping. This past Friday, some of my old college roommates and I squeezed in a quick trip to Pokagon State Park and made some memories. The most ridiculous story is a raccoon stole our entire bag of marshmallows on our picnic table less than three feet from our campfire while we were making s'mores and then proceeded to stalk us the rest of the night. Boy, we had fun. I'll spare you from all the inside jokes and one liners that kept us laughing the entire time.

As I approach moving to a different state and making new friends, these girls make me want to dig my feet deep into the Midwest and never leave. They're amazing. But we all have plans, each one doing beautiful things from working with pre-schoolers, helping addicted teenagers, coaching a high school soccer team, moving to Australia for the Hillsong International Leadership College, and serving in Malawi this past summer (and hopefully next summer). I'm immensely blessed by the Christian community that I share with these women. And for a simple camping trip to end in prayer is sacred. We were so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment