Sunday, March 18, 2012

happy birthday, dad


Already teary eyed writing this, thinking of how to express love and gratitude for my father, the first man who ever loved me. Today is his birthday. I wish I was home to spend it with him and my mom, maybe go on a motorcycle ride since the weather is so gorgeous, go eat some East End ice cream.

My dad is amazing, taught me how to work hard, ride a dirtbike, drive, so many things. There were deeper things too. Growing up, I can still hear him saying, "The Bible has something to say about every issue and every season of life. It's there just look for it." I'm thankful I was raised that way. Even with his crazy schedule of driving truck, my dad was there for important things: birthdays, piano recitals, ballet recitals (which I know he and my brothers would have preferred to miss), cross country games, graduations. He's worked so hard and given us so much.

I love his warm laugh and quiet nature. I really find everyone likes my dad. He's a good listener and so loyal. I love when he gets excited watching football games. When he holds my nephews and nieces, my heart melts. He loves them too. Happy birthday, Dad. I love you.

Oh, and Dad, I've always loved that you were born on St. Patrick's day. I think that's neat. I'm always amazed when people say, "Is St. Patrick's day on the same day every year?" Yes, it's my dad's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment