Tuesday, March 20, 2012

weekend fun



This weekend was fun with beautiful weather and so many celebrations. I spent time skyping with my family on Saturday since it was my dad's birthday. At the same time, I made apple pie for my neighbor's birthday party. I should have taken more photos. It was "Downton Abbey" themed. Funny for many reasons, my neighbor's name is Abby. She lives downstairs. Her and her husband Scott decorated the doors with Mary and Matthew peeping from the side, and they filled their wall frames with different characters: Bates, O'Brien, Countess of Grantham, Daisy, and Thomas (ew, gross).

I should mention that Scott is who pushed us to watch Downton. Then it became a routine, we watched most of season two with Abby and Scott after weekly Monday dinners. We just love them. They're good people, really good friends. I've written about our friendship before, so thankful to find friends that we easily can laugh and pray together. Abby is such a special friend, so thankful for her honesty and courage, such a blessing to my life.

I'm so thankful for the weekend, even if it was quick, it was restful and fun, filled with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment